Phenomenal starting power and massive deep cycle reserve power in one battery!
Some batteries provide enormous cranking power. Others, deep cycle reserve power. The revolutionary ODYSSEY® battery is designed to do both.
How is this possible? The answer begins with flat plates made of 99% pure lead – not lead alloy, like many conventional batteries. Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so we can fit more of them in the battery. More ODYSSEY battery plates mean more plate surface area. And that means more power – twice as much as conventional batteries.
In fact, ODYSSEY batteries are capable of providing engine cranking pulses up to 2700 amps for 5 seconds – double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even at very low temperatures. And they can handle 400 charge-discharge cycles to 80% depth of discharge.
This extreme combination of power and performance makes ODYSSEY batteries perfect for a range of applications, including automotive/LTV, marine, commercial, and powersports.
99% PURE LEAD PLATES
Constructed from 99.99% pure virgin lead, Odyssey battery plates are extremely thin, so more of them can fit into the battery. More lead plates = more power.
COMPRESSED AGM PLATE SEPARATORS
Before being inserted into the case, the Absorbed Glass Mat plate separators are compressed by 28% for extreme vibration resistance.
ROBUST INTERCELL CONNECTIONS
Built to stringent specifications, cell connectors are casted to the plates, and bonded to resist vibration and eliminate internal sparking.
UPGRADED BRASS TERMINALS
Constructed from 99.99% pure virgin lead, Odyssey Battery plates are extremely thin, so more of them can fit into the battery. More lead plates = more power.
Why Use ODYSSEY Batteries
- Better Warranty: Up to 4-year limited full replacement warranty — not pro rata.
- Longer Service Life: 3-10 years of service life to save you time, money, and aggravation
- Longer Cycle Life: 70% longer cycle life than conventional deep cycle batteries — high stable voltage for longer periods of time.
- Longer Shelf Life: Can be stored on open circuit (nothing connected to the terminals) without recharging for up to 2 years or 12.00V, whichever occurs first.
- Faster Recharge: The highest recharge efficiency of any sealed lead battery on the market — capable of 100% recharge in 4-6 hours.
- Mounting Flexibility: Non-spillable design — can be mounted on any side in any position except inverted.
- Vibration Resistance: Design protects against high impact shock and mechanical vibration — a common cause of premature battery failure.
- Extreme Temperature Tolerance: Operating temperatures from -40ºF (-40ºC) to 140ºF (60ºC) for models without a metal jacket, and from -40ºF (-40ºC) to 176ºF (80ºC) for models with a metal jacket
- Virtually Maintenance-free: Sealed, AGM design never requires watering.
- Improved Safety: US Department of Transportation classified as a ‘non-spillable’ battery. No acid spills, no escaping gases.
ODYSSEY® EXTREME BATTERIES v/s CONVENTIONAL BATTERIES
|ODYSSEY® EXTREME BATTERIES||CONVENTIONAL BATTERIES|
|Unused battery space|
|PLATE SURFACE AREA||
15% more plate surface area
|DESIGN LIFE||8-12 years (Float) @ 77°F (25°C)||5 Years|
|SERVICE LIFE||3 to 10 years||1 to 5 Years|
|ELECTROLYTE||Drycell (“starved electrolyte”) no external leakage or corrosion||Most are acid flooded (causing acid burns and spills); some wet sealed or “gelled”|
|SHIPPING||Air transportable; US Department of Transportation classified non-spillable (less expensive)||Ground transport; classified as hazardous material (more expensive)|
|END OF LIFE||Battery slowly loses power at end of life; no catastrophic failure||Immediate and catastrophic loss of power (can leave you stranded)|
|STORAGE LIFE||2 years before needing charge @ 77°F (25°C)||6-12 weeks before needing charge|